I ran a half marathon last weekend in San Francisco with my sister Tara & my sister in law Kera. We've been training since the spring (since we signed up in February, really) and it was just awesome! We had a such a great time in the city before the race. My brother Patrick & his wife Kera (+ baby Haidyn) live in San Francisco where Patrick is going to dental school. Tara & her husband Kevin lived there for a few years as well (also for dental school). It was nice to be with people who knew the city so well. It really is a beautiful place, & has such a different feel than Manhattan. The race itself was such an amazing experience. It was predominantly women (about 23,000) and the event raised over 18 million dollars for cancer research. Pretty cool. Check out our blog for more pictures, etc. My next goal: to do the full marathon there next year.
For now- it's back to the daily grind. Unfortuantely, Mike & I haven't really seen each other in about a week, thanks to my SF trip & his overnight trip to Boston yesterday afternoon. Busy, busy! Maybe he'll take me on a date this weekend. :) Otherwise- things are going really well. We're both happy at work, continuing to get settled into our "new" ward and not minding the weather lately (it is the warmest October on record for NYC). I can't wait to see everyone at Thanksgiving. It will be a fun couple of days.


1 comment:
congrats on the race! I think I need to start running. All this studying/researching is making my calf muscles feel like they are atrophying!
Post a Comment