Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sorry no pictures

Friday's football game was a swamp. Water coming from above and from all sides. I was soaked within the first 5 minutes, despite gortex and an umbrella. We played Bassick, and they are not supported by anyone. It is a sad sitaution; I am proud that they showed up. I was thrilled that they scored.

Bryan has a doctor's appointment this Wed to recheck the wrist. Dan is supposed to get his MRI on his (formerly broken) wrist this week. I am glad we are all getting back stitched back together.

Mom is in Washington, today through Tues with Kathryn's parents at their cabin, and then on to Seattle to a conference about "soft tissue" tumors. This is the main event for research and practioners who deal with Mom's type of tumor, so she and two other women from the foundation are there to see what they can do to move their foundation to the next level.

We had our stake conference this week--we have good leaders, and they gave wonderful messages. Today's theme was "remember" I hope you will all remember--write down things that touch your heart, and figure out why they were meaningful to you. Then when things happen, you might find strength from the experiences you have already had, when the Lord was in you life and spoke peace to your heart. This has been a blessing to me to reflect on all of the wonderful things that have happened in my life, particular knowing all of you and being blessed by the love that I feel for you and from you. You are my greatest treasure! Love, Dad

1 comment:

Mike said...

sound advice