Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Hi! My name's Bryan!


This is a soft splint. The wrap includes an Ace bandage securing a metal splint to the underside of my forearm. I can type and write with it, but that's about it.

Yay! First legit post!

Ok, so I've had a fun past emotional couple of weeks. Surgery on Tuesday, if you didn't know, involved drilling a wire through my bone, feeding a hollow screw down the path of the wire, and then screwing the two halves of the Scaffoid bone together. It took an hour and 45 minutes to complete, leaving no stitches. I posted some pictures of the past couple weeks.
So my life generally consists of school and then running afterwards (in lieu of practice) and maybe catch a workout or so. I have to improvise some of the upper body lifts so that I don't have to grab a bar. Doc says I can do anything that doesn't include tension on the fingers, which apparently is tension intensified 12x in your wrist.
For my runs, I generally do loops on the Waveny Pond hill. Kathryn and I went up this hill on our 6 mile run a few weekends ago. So I sprint from the pond up the stone walkway and finish at the pond. Sometimes i jog, sometimes I calf-walk up (locking the knees and bouncing on the toes up thehill.) It's a solid workout.
Football is 4-1, with the one loss documented here against St. Joes (35-27). Our most recent win was against Wilton (27-21). They were undefeated, so that was a nice . Our win the week before was against Fairfield Warde (50-something to 7).
This week we play Danbury, which should be an easy win.
But St. Joes should have been easy (they have sinced lost to some embarassing teams).
Who knows!


Here is me in an action pose with bandaged wrist post surgery


your old church basketball shirts have not yet gone to waste, mike


me and my buddies represented mario kart during clone day. I'm D.K.

1 comment:

k. said...

Nice Bryan.

We'll have to do another Waveny run the next time we are in NC.