Monday, April 20, 2009

Scenes from the Groover that is 2207 Stover Halls


For those of you who don't understand the title, when we went on our rafting trip last August down the Green River, the 'bathroom' was using a device called a groover. the device got it's name from the imprints it would leave: grooves. But the thing about the groover was, the raft guides always put the it in the most scenic locations. at the end of the day, the question would be "how's the view from the groover?" the answer was always "breathtaking." when you asked about the smell at the groover, the reply, again, was "breathtaking."

anyway. i've been taking some snaps out of my window and i've gotten some pretty sweet view of Y mountain and it's left and right wings. here are "scenes from the groover":







So those 3 tree pictures - pictures of the tree in the middle of Helaman Halls - were taken within 48 hours of each other. Provo is ridiculous. On April 15th, a storm came in, dropped 30 degrees in temperature in like 4 hours, snowed all night till we got 6 inches, and then by the afternoon of the 16th it was all gone and green. Amazing.







It was awesome to get my mission call. Thanks, Kathryn, for the sweet pictures of the video chat on here. This was my perspective.

It's weird out here at BYU. Things are winding down and friends are finally saying goodbye. It hasn't really hit me yet and I wonder if it should. I've learned a lot from the many kids out here but I kind of feel like it's right to be moving on. I'll be staying here for the spring, but under completely different circumstances. I'll be living off campus with a diverse group of guys and in the presence of R.M.'s in our ward. It should be good for the preparation of a mission. It may not be as fun, but it will definitely be a great experience. I'm excited for what lies ahead.

But I have to pass exams this week first...ehh...endure to the end.

1 comment:

k. said...

That snow makes my heart sad. Seriously. It's been erratic enough in New York...

You will love living off campus, in a different kind of way. :)