
So what's the vote? I got the Prime Film 3600u scanner from Costco. I opted for the one without the digital ICE, which is supposed to repair scratches automatically. The reviews I read said the ICE often messes up the color. Do you think I should have got it anyway? The scanner surely picks up a lot of scratches, and photoshopping each picture would be out of control. Should I try the other one or keep moving forward?
7 comments:
Click on the photo for better detail of the scratches
look at that HAIR! Dad, rogaine, whatever it takes. get that back!
so ice screws up the color but fixes the scratches? i dunno, it's hard to say. this picture looks great from a distance. it gives it that vintage look... how does it mess up the color?
Wow, a blast from the past! Cara, thanks so much for doing this wonderful project! I do wish we had gotten better wedding pictures ... (dumb idea to try to save money by not hiring a professional photographer. I just got a few good bridals.) Anything you find that makes us look the best we can will be great! Are there that many scratches to worry about?
Love, Mom
PS, can anyone tell me how to not be "owner" in a post? It appears that google account has to be in my gmail screen name jgwhiting and I just want to be "Jeanne".
I made it right-side-up for you Cara. Hope that's okay.
I think that color is pretty easy to fix (with Picasa, Photoshop or Microsoft Photo Editor), so I'd probably go with something that fixes scratches, since color is manageable. I'm happy to help. :)
If I could figure out how to rotate the photo I would have done it myself, thanks Kathryn!
(BTW, did you notice our rings are on our right hands? I think the negative is backwards. :)
Love,
Mom
Since I recently did these...I recommend getting the one to help with scratches. :) Fixing the coloring wasn't hard or time involved.
Post a Comment