Friday, January 9, 2009

Recently.

I don't know who reads our blog, but with the idea of not being totally duplicative, visit us here if you haven't caught up recently.

In the meantime, here's a miniature update.


We went to Utah for a quick jaunt over New Year's.

There was a lot of snow (which was good for Bryan, Dave, Mike & friends).

Mike went snowboarding Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Monday. He was pretty tired by Monday night, but had a great time.
.
.
We stayed in Mapleton with Grandma Whiting. She's wonderful. Each day of snowboarding the boys enjoyed peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, cookies, carrots & apples prepared by Grandma every morning, right after she made them a nice - often warm - breakfast (lucky them!). I, personally, really appreciate her a) spunk and b) friendship. She's a good person & I really love her.
.
One of my favorite mornings with her was when we decided to pull out old family albums, looking at the early days of her family in Mapleton, & also the early days of yours. I think that Cara was especially cute as a little girl (the smile! the bangs! darling!), that Dave looks exactly like his Dad did around high school (blonde hair, same smile, same jawline & chin), & that Mike & Steve looked like each other as younger little boys.
.
Bryan, Mike, & I also had dinner on Sunday evening with the Whiting clan. They're so good to us & we wish we could see them more often, but really, can someone please make me an org chart?

& I got a trim.

1 comment:

cara said...

The family is all mapped out in the book grandma gave us for Christmas of her mother Vera. You are even in it Kathryn! It's pretty up to date. Dad and I may be the only ones who could pass a test though.